Emory Church is part of the Susquehanna Conference of the United Methodist Church. The founding of Emory Church dates back to the early 1800's. It is named for Bishop John Emory. It began as a log structure and has gone through many changes. In 1886 the congregation purchased a lot on the square where the current structure resides. The present building was dedicated in 1887.